1 M: May I have your order, Sir?
A. Thank you all the same B. I’ll do it myself
C. I’d like to order pizza for lunch. D. I’m waiting for my boyfriend
2 W: Would you like some more soup?
M: __________ . It is delicious, but I’ve had enough.
A. Yes, pleaseB. No, thank youC. Nothing moreD. I’d like some
3 M: I’m sorry to say that your watch is being repaired. I’ll finish it in a minute.
W: ______________. I am not in a hurry.
A. Do as you likeB. Keep tryingC. Take your timeD. Not at all
4. M: Could you finish the task in two days?
W: ___________. I have something else to do these days.
A. I could notB. Yes, I think soC. I’m afraid soD. I’m afraid not
5. W: Would you take this along to the office for me?
A. With pleasureB. That’s rightC. Never mindD. My pleasure.
6. They waved to us till the train was out of sight.
A. 出去看B. 不可能看见C. 看见外面D. 看不见
7. The fire has gone out when the firemen came.
A. 关掉 B. 熄灭C. 走出去D. 离开
8. Remember me to your parents.
A. 向…提起B. 向…问好C. 让…记起D. 让…铭记
9. I will try my best to help you so long as you promise to work hard.
A. 只要B. 只不过C. 只是D. 和…一样长
10. This machine is very difficult to operate.
A. 运行B. 动手术C. 操作D. 开启
11. This story book is a most interesting one.
A. 最B. 很C. 多么D. 很多
12. The frightened girl sat in the corner, crying.
A. 打架B. 受伤 C. 吓唬的D. 受惊吓的
13. Mother dusts the rooms every Sunday.
A. 蒙尘B. 灰尘C. 扫灰尘D. 打扫卫生
14. He saw a wounded bird by chance, and saved it.
A. 有机会B. 通过机会C. 偶然D. 突然
15. Due to the bad weather, they give up their plan of having a picnic.
A. 由于B. 根据C. 导致D. 属于
16. _____ the photo, I couldn’t help ___ my grandpa.
A. To see, thinking ofB. On seeing, to think ofC. Seeing, thinking ofD. Seeing, to think of
17. Three years _____ since we came here.
A. passedB. have passedC. has passedD. had passed
18. Tom tasted the soup ____ and found it tasted _____.
A. careful, goodB. careful, wellC. carefully, wellD. carefully, good
19. It’s ____ that you love, isn’t it?.
A. IB. meC. myselfD. mine
20. We are all greatly sad to hear all ____ happened in the earthquake of Sichuan.
A. whatB. whichC. thatD. those
21. The badly injured man died ____ the doctor were sent for.
A. afterB. before C. sinceD. because
22. There is _____ “c” and ______ “s” in _____ word “case”.
A. a;an;theB. an;an;theC. the;a;anD. /;an;a
23. I go to school ___ my bike everyday while he goes ___ bus.
A. by, byB. by, onC. on, onD. on, by
24. Mary told me yesterday that it is her great wish ___ to Hai'nan this summer vacation.
A. to be takenB. to have been takenC. to be takingD. be taken
25. Didn’t you know that it’s absolutely wrong to cheat in exams? You really _____ it.
A. mustn’t doB. mustn’t have doneC. shouldn’t doD. shouldn’t have done
26. It is quite hot in here. Please open the window _____ to allow more cool air.
A. wideB. widelyC. widthD. widthly
27. ____ will you come back? We’re going to have supper in an hour.
A. How longB. How oftenC. How comeD. How soon
28. It’s probable that it _____ tomorrow.
A. will rainB. is rainingC. rainsD. rain
29. Work hard, ____ you’ll not regret your time here in the school.
A. andB. orC. butD. so as to
30. ______ doctors have been sent to the front to take care of the wounded soldiers.
A. Three dozensB. Three dozens ofC. Three dozenD. Three dozen of
31. The reason ____ he gave for being late is unacceptable.
A. whyB. for whichC. / D. of which
32. --- Tom is really hardworking.
--- ________, and _____.
A. So is he, so are youB. So is he, so you areC. So he is, so are youD. So he is, so you are
33. The money he earns every month is _________ mine.
A. two times as much asB. twice as much asC. two time more thanD. twice more than
34. _________ you’ve brought to us!
A. How a great happiness B. What a great happiness
C. How great happiness D. What great happiness
35. The couple stopped _______ when they heard the doorbell.
A. quarrelB. quarreledC. quarrelingD. to quarrel